Sunday, October 27, 2013

Joe-significant life

living a significant life means alot of different things to alot of different people. To some simply living is enough. These are the kind of people that value everything in life and are happy to simply have just the essentials of life. To other people a significant life can mean nothing less than money. But what I believe a significant life should mean is a life that you can be proud of to look back apon. A significant life means being honest with yourself and being happy with where you end up. I also believe living a significant life can mean changing the lives of others in a possitive way.

“Accept responsibility for your life. Know that it is you who will get you where you want to go, no one else.” – Les Brown

 To me my grandfather has lived a very significant life. He was raised in a houshold that did not have very much money at all. They farmed roughly 150 acres in Iowa. When my grandfather was 16 he broke his arm and was in the hospital. His dad had chest pain that afternoon and was also sent to the hospitol. His father passed away in the hospital bed next to my grandfather. My grandfather took over the small family farm and made himself a very successfull man. He had many struggles throughought his time farming but despite the economy crash in the early 1980s he never declaired bankrupcy which was very common during this time. Three neighbors withing 10 miles of him took their own lives because of the severity of the situation. He took the small family farm from 150 acres to nearly 3000 when he left the business. He is one of the most interesting men in the world to me. He is the first person I think of when I think of someone who has led a significant life.

No comments:

Post a Comment